Saturday, November 12, 2011

Steamy Saturday






So our state is turning 100 next Feb. Out here in the West we have a long and mostly proud train tradition. Wash loves steam trains (older style) more than just about anything. So, last week when I was reading I stumbled upon a little blurb in the paper saying the old Steam Engine would be heading through our state for the centennial, and it would be doing a "whistle stop" literally down the street from us. (Remember the train tracks a block away?)
So, today Wash and I walked down and waited for the train to come through.
And waited.
And waited.
And sent texts, drew in the sand, and waited.

Almost an hour late we heard the loud and rumbly whistle. Wash and I even snuck in a penny to get smashed by the wheels for our nephew. It's pretty cool.
I think he had a good time.

2 comments:

  1. SO pleased you managed to have a 'normal' day. It's the 'little' things like that that really make a difference and become memories to cherish for you both.

    I'm guessing/assuming you know how to contact me directly,(through the website) please message me your postal address so I can send u both a card..... I'm not able to see ur email addy to message u direct.

    Keep up the good work, you're doing a great job xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1) Neat----*Neat*----*N.E.A.T.*!! (Can you tell that I love trains, too??!! Haha!!)

    By the way, this is my favorite pianist Silvan Zingg's "Night Train Trip," which will bring you & Wash............ Right-Back-*T.O.*-The-Tracks, (i.e., if you turn your speakers on "High")!!:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpin88#p/u/14/THBucj4bnrQ


    #2) Always very compassionate "Mark," (Above), talked about "the 'little' things like that, that really make a difference and become memories to cherish for you both." Such true, *wise* words, Tashi, from Mark's own personal experience............ i.e., not only FOR you & Wash, but also (really) for ALL of us, too.

    ReplyDelete