Sunday, August 29, 2010

Every night I sit alone and I cry

So, wanted to share this awesome little bit from last night.

So, around 10pm ish Wash and I head out (after the storm, wind, and sun have all gone) to the main street of our city (Mill Avenue) to have a little walk and such.
He always whines and complains about moving until I get him outside then it's awesome. Men.

Anyway, we decided to stop in one of the head shops we like to frequent as we like the staff.
Wash and I walk in, and there's no one there but us and the two keepers.
One of whom we've met maybe once before.
He notices us and runs! forwards and grabs Wash in a big hug.
"Hey man! It's GREAT to see you! How are you feeling? Oh, man, I saw you guys in the article a few weeks ago and I was like, hey! I know them! It's so good to see you!"
So he and Wash chatted for a bit, then we left and got ice cream for the walk home.

Almost Famous?
He was recognized as well from the article at our local Farmer's Market the other day too.
I think it makes him happy.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad he (and you) are feeling the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah,
    Sorry I missed Kevin's other question you posted on my blog back in July. I just saw it today and have replied. I'll put the answer here so you don't have to go back searching through the archives. :)

    I don't know for sure if the JR sets lower in the water like commercial offshore drill rigs but I would guess that it does. The JR used to be a BP drilling rig and it has very little swell even in 30 knot winds. It's an extremely stable ship!

    I hope all is well back on land. :)

    ReplyDelete